Today's my last day at my current work, and I start my new job on Monday. I've been at this company since I graduated in May 2007. Starting as a summer intern, I ended up being hired in a sales role that fall. What started out with some highs, quickly moved to the lowest lows, and about 18 months ago, I started look for a new job. Last year, the company got bought out by another larger company. I thought that things would turn around, but in the end, it became comparing the lesser of 2 evils.
It took longer than I thought, but it's time to say goodbye. While I have been bitching and moaning about this job, now that the time has come, it feels weird to know I won't be walking through the same doors on Monday morning, seeing the same faces, and doing the same tasks.
What I'll miss:
- location- the office is right in downtown Boston, close to bars and some of my friends.
- proximity to Flour- mere steps from the best bakery. Ever!
- working in the arts- I went to school for art history and love what I sell/am immersed in.
- my co-workers- they really are the best, and we've been through a lot together.
What I won't miss:
- bus ride- 1 hr commute home on a bus, in traffic, with strangers....is not fun.
- very poor management- my bosses have taught me what I don't want in managers.
- feeling under appreciated- it really is the ultimate dealbreaker.
- the difficulty of sales- the economy has been really tough.
I am excited for what my next job entails for me- new opportunities, new people, and learning and growing. The possibilities are endless!