Saturday was the Blog Better Boston Conference that I have been looking forward to since founders Alana & Amy announced it earlier this year. The day was full of actionable insights, networking & putting faces to blog names & Twitter handles, yummy food, and Tweeting (sorry for the overload!).
My outfit was inspired by this look, and here is how it turned out:
- Old Navy white sleeveless top
- Aiko gray leather skirt - in burgundy
- Neon green belt from Nordstrom
- Patterned black tights- forget where from.
- Black leather riding boots from Italy
- 'J' gold necklace from Macy's - similar
- Wrap bracelet from Francesca's Collections
A few of my takeaways from the workshops & panels:
- Be yourself and don't obsess too much over what other bloggers are doing.
- Set goals long-term and short-term for yourself for time management (I set up a weekly Wednesday night blog time slot in my calendar- no TV/distractions allowed!)
- When it comes to sponsored posts/working with brands, you know (and your readers know) when you've sold out.
- Quality over quantity- readers, posts, etc.
- Photo editing tip: Bring exposure down for counteracting a lot of sun/brightness (I used these to edit the pic above!).
- One of the sessisions I missed was Google Analytics. Luckily, The Papa Post posted his slides for download.
And, in case you don't follow me on Twitter or Instagram....
iPad, notebook, business cards--check!
Designer Laura Preshong's table & some jewels.
My sweet, new sequined Red Sox hat courtesy of Roster Stores (thank you!).
Kicking off the day.
Francesca's bracelet & program guide.
DIY tote bags- so fun!
Sweet afternoon treat from Eventbrite.
Update: Saw this pic from Lindsay's Looks of me and Sarah of Blonde in Boston "Tweeting furiously" Ha! :)
Were you at Blog Better Boston?