If you are heading to the Brimfield Antique Show this fall (Sept 4-9), or in the future, here are some tips and recommendations:
- Go early to avoid traffic/parking lot lines. (We also learned that the summer is actually the slowest time and the fall is the most busy & popular. Food for thought if you can brave the heat.)
- Bring cash, as bartering is welcome and most booths don't accept credit cards (though some do).
- Bring water, water, water, and more water, especially if you go during the summer.
- Bring an empty extra bag for all your findings (this was very handy!).
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes (talk about dust...).
- Don't go in with too many expectations of what you want to come home with... you never know what you'll find!
- If you aren't looking to spend too much money, drive in to middle fields, as the more expensive antiques are where you first arrive.
- When in doubt, buy it, if you can afford it. (Case & point: my mom admired a bone bracelet/necklace that she bartered down to $50, and then passed on buying. She made the mistake of Googling similar items, and they are worth around $250-300. Coulda, shoulda, woulda!)
Have you been to the Brimfield Antique Show before? What are your tips?
PS: Check out my scenes & steals post from yesterday!