Mediterranean spread @ Val So Cal
I like the idea of a spread over a dip.
Hipster Branding @ Live Creatively Yourself
Love these "hipster" versions of famous logos.
Easter Bird's Nest Inspirations @ The White Library
On Trend: Array of Arrows and Targets @ Style Carrot
Inspired by The Hunger Games!
TBF in Key West @ The Boston Fashionista
I adore this warm-weather look!
Don't forget the LUNA Bar giveaway!
I am excited today to announce a giveaway with LUNA Bar, as I have been a fan for years. LUNA Bar has been a part of Fashion Week in NYC, and since they are coming to Boston in 2012, I complimentarily received some goodies to share with La vie...J'aime readers!
Two readers will receive:
- LUNA gift bag with handles
- Sample of new flavors: LUNA Protein Peanut Butter & LUNA Chocolate Dipped Coconut
- LUNA lip balm
- Coupon booklet
Here's how to enter:
2. Comment on how you follow. That's it!
2. Tell me your favorite LUNA Bar flavor. Mine is Peppermint Chocolate.
Winner will be announced via Random.org in 1 week.
Good luck, and thanks LUNA Bar!
Disclosure: I went sent 2 complimentary cases of bars for this giveaway. Thoughts and love of LUNA Bars are my own.
Saturday was the Blog Better Boston Conference that I have been looking forward to since founders Alana & Amy announced it earlier this year. The day was full of actionable insights, networking & putting faces to blog names & Twitter handles, yummy food, and Tweeting (sorry for the overload!).
My outfit was inspired by this look, and here is how it turned out:
- Old Navy white sleeveless top
- Aiko gray leather skirt - in burgundy
- Neon green belt from Nordstrom
- Patterned black tights- forget where from.
- Black leather riding boots from Italy
- 'J' gold necklace from Macy's - similar
- Wrap bracelet from Francesca's Collections
A few of my takeaways from the workshops & panels:
- Be yourself and don't obsess too much over what other bloggers are doing.
- Set goals long-term and short-term for yourself for time management (I set up a weekly Wednesday night blog time slot in my calendar- no TV/distractions allowed!)
- When it comes to sponsored posts/working with brands, you know (and your readers know) when you've sold out.
- Quality over quantity- readers, posts, etc.
- Photo editing tip: Bring exposure down for counteracting a lot of sun/brightness (I used these to edit the pic above!).
- One of the sessisions I missed was Google Analytics. Luckily, The Papa Post posted his slides for download.
And, in case you don't follow me on Twitter or Instagram....
iPad, notebook, business cards--check!
Designer Laura Preshong's table & some jewels.
My sweet, new sequined Red Sox hat courtesy of Roster Stores (thank you!).
Kicking off the day.
Francesca's bracelet & program guide.
DIY tote bags- so fun!
Sweet afternoon treat from Eventbrite.
Update: Saw this pic from Lindsay's Looks of me and Sarah of Blonde in Boston "Tweeting furiously" Ha! :)
Were you at Blog Better Boston?
Friday night, I went to Jamaica Plain to have dinner with my brother. He was blessed with more of the cooking gene than I was, and he whipped up a delicious Israeli couscous stir fry. We sat outside, chatted, and watched the sunset. A perfect way to kick off the weekend!
After seeing The Hunger Games on Thursday night, I am wrapped back up the series again. The movie was really well-done (light years ahead of Twilight), and casting was spot on. I loved Katniss's rugged look in District 12 and Cinna's styling for her in the arena. Getting the look to translate to real life, can be easy with a few essentials:
Did you see the movie this weekend? What'd you think?
top image via: AceShowBiz
It's been a crazy busy week- St. Patty's weekend celebrations, my trip to Atlanta, and Thursday night's Cuse win + Hunger Games advanced screening (so good! fans will be happy). I am looking forward to Blog Better Boston on Saturday and a relaxing Sunday. What's on tap for your weekend?
Here are a few faves of the week...
- a tray DIY, another to add to my growing list(!) @ Julip Made
- pretty hair and bouquet duos @ Grey Likes Weddings
- yummy lettuce cups recipe to make @ Eat Yourself Skinny
Tattoos for the weekend.
Festive green nails: Sephora glittery green and 'Dark Room' green.
Tattoos put to good use!
Of course, we needed these straws.
Amanda and I!
Ladies...and photo bomb.
Floral Antlers Necklace Display @ A Beautiful Mess
Love this DIY.
A Hunger Games Style Wedding @ Green Wedding Shoes
Of course I had to include this!
DIY Shell-topped Bottles @ Wedding Chicks
Mom, our next DIY project!
Monday Musing @ Matchbook Mag's The Daily Spark
Cuteness & I want those jeans.
Happy St. Patty's Day weekend!
I am loving these new, bold Sephora eyelash curlers. They'll add a pop of color to my makeup collection and be easy to spot in my makeup bag.
Only problem? What color to choose?!
Images from my Pinterest:
Here are a few snapshots of some of my outfits from last week. Sadly, my bad sunburn prevented me from wearing these new Seychelles sandals I was so looking forward to breaking in. :(
- Old Navy black maxi skirt - similar
- Old Navy rose gold sandals -
- J.Crew Factory striped tank- other colors here & similar
- Benetton jean jacket
- Coach new 'Willis' bag in vermillion
- J.Crew Factory striped dress - similar
- Old Navy black cardigan
- Old Navy rose gold sandals
- Coach 'Willis' bag
- Sunburn on right foot-it was it's own accessory....
Worth Avenue shopping & drinks at The Breakers.
- Anthropologie asymmetrical blouse - similar Equipment version
- Forever 21 white jeans - similar
- J.Crew Factory braided sandals
- Coach 'Willis' bag
- Silver hoop earrings
Can you tell I love my new Coach 'Willis'? :)