Today I am sharing a festive, fresh, and "skinny" cocktail for the holiday season.
My go-to drink when out and about at bars is a vodka (typically Tito's) with club soda and a squeeze of lemon & lime. This past summer, I switched it up and got some muddled cucumber instead of lemon & lime and love how light this drink is! I decide to create a spin on this drink for #BostonPotluck. It's so easy and has minimal ingredients.
Recipe: Fresh + Festive Vodka Soda
For the drink:
- Vodka of your choice
- Club soda water
For the ice cubes:
- pomegranate seeds (I used frozen but can use fresh!)
- 1/2 small cucumber, washed & diced
Directions for the ice cubes:
- divide the pomegranate seeds and cucumber among the ice cubes in the tray
Directions for 1 drink: via NYT Cooking
- Fill your glass of choice with the ice cucumber and pomegranate cubes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of vodka then 1/2 cup of club soda.
- Optional: festive straw
Also as part of the #BostonPotluck, 5 readers(!) have a chance to win one of 11 cookbooks from The Harvard Common Press, including Paleo Planet, Good Cheap Eats in 30 Minutes (or Less!), Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook, and more! Enter below! 5 winners will be chosen on January 11, 2016.